Messages Meghan McKenna's Message Board Meghan's Journal October 21

October 21

October 21

meghan
Unregistered

10-23-2005, 08:15 PM
Today is an extremely great day. I went to go get a pregnancy test for the drug that I'm on. While I was in the waiting room I started a conversation with a woman who was bald. She overheard me on my cell asking Dr. Smiths assistant to order some more of the chemo because I need to start my fourth round next week. The woman introduced herself and asked if I was with Dr. Smith. We got to talking and she is going through breast cancer for the second time. I told her what I was going through and she apologized profusely. I said don't be sorry I feel really great emotionally and physically. More words were exchanged when I felt my phone vibrate. I looked at the number and didn't recognize it. I let it go. My name was then called. I sat in the back room with the nurse while she pulled up my info. I decided to check my voice mail. It was Dr. Smith. His exact word. "Hey meghan I have great news with your brain scans everything came back perfect. All four tumors are DRAMATICALLY SMALLER AND THERE ARE NO NEW TUMORS. I give you an A++. Congratulations. Needless to say I screamed in excitement and ran out into the front room and told the woman I had just met. I was jumping up and down in joy. The nurse must have thought I was crazy until I told her why I was so excited. The first person I called was Sally and then many after her.

Sally wanted to take me out for a vegetarian celebratory dinner. Sally called people up without me knowing. When I got there there was Sadie, Cortney, Tracey, Stacey, Locsi, Sally, Vince, and I. I was in shocked. Everyone started applauding. Sally had done it again. We had amazing food, conversation and the energy was flowing. Thanks to everyone's help I have the ability to live in the moment and trust my healing process....what ever may happen. I trust and believe in my healing process.
meghan
10-23-2005, 08:15 PM #1

Today is an extremely great day. I went to go get a pregnancy test for the drug that I'm on. While I was in the waiting room I started a conversation with a woman who was bald. She overheard me on my cell asking Dr. Smiths assistant to order some more of the chemo because I need to start my fourth round next week. The woman introduced herself and asked if I was with Dr. Smith. We got to talking and she is going through breast cancer for the second time. I told her what I was going through and she apologized profusely. I said don't be sorry I feel really great emotionally and physically. More words were exchanged when I felt my phone vibrate. I looked at the number and didn't recognize it. I let it go. My name was then called. I sat in the back room with the nurse while she pulled up my info. I decided to check my voice mail. It was Dr. Smith. His exact word. "Hey meghan I have great news with your brain scans everything came back perfect. All four tumors are DRAMATICALLY SMALLER AND THERE ARE NO NEW TUMORS. I give you an A++. Congratulations. Needless to say I screamed in excitement and ran out into the front room and told the woman I had just met. I was jumping up and down in joy. The nurse must have thought I was crazy until I told her why I was so excited. The first person I called was Sally and then many after her.

Sally wanted to take me out for a vegetarian celebratory dinner. Sally called people up without me knowing. When I got there there was Sadie, Cortney, Tracey, Stacey, Locsi, Sally, Vince, and I. I was in shocked. Everyone started applauding. Sally had done it again. We had amazing food, conversation and the energy was flowing. Thanks to everyone's help I have the ability to live in the moment and trust my healing process....what ever may happen. I trust and believe in my healing process.

Messages In This Thread
October 21 - by meghan - 10-23-2005, 08:15 PM
RE: October 21 - by Gregoryhah - 10-13-2019, 02:25 PM
RE: October 21 - by Gregoryhah - 12-06-2019, 08:46 PM
RE: October 21 - by Gregoryhah - 04-15-2020, 11:19 PM