Messages Meghan McKenna's Message Board Meghan's Journal The last few weekends

The last few weekends

The last few weekends

meghan
Unregistered

06-27-2006, 06:24 PM
The last few weekends have been a blast. Sally and I have been spending some quality time together and with our friends. We have been surfing and running in the mornings and engaging in other activities in the afternoon. Two Saturday's ago we were invited to go to Crista and Jill's pool party in San Rafael. They were house and pet sitting for some friends of theirs and they invited a few close friends to enjoy the warmth and beauty of their friends home. WOW. It was an amazing house and down stairs there was a big pool and beautiful pool house. There was great food and good times. Thanks Crista and Jill. I hope to get some new pix up on the website soon. This past weekend was Gay Pride 2006 in San Francisco. We had a blast. Once again we started Saturday morning running. Sarah and I ran in the 5K and Sally and Terra ran in the 10K. I could have run the 10K but something was telling me I shouldn't, and that reason became very clear when Sally past the finish line. I heard Sally screaming my name. I turned around and saw a man face down on the ground. I rushed over to see what had happened. The man was in his thirties and he appeared to be seizing. This was not a grand mal seizure but a mild one. His arms started to contract and his back arched a little and his eyes were fluttering. I started barking out orders. I am certified in emergency care services so instinctively I started going down the list of things to do. First I made sure we were in a safe environment, second I asked someone to call 911. Then I did a sternum rub and asked if the man was ok. He was seizing so I instructed the some people to turn him on his side. This is always the best breathing position to be in. A on the site medic came and instructed we turn him on his back and put jackets under his neck. I knew this was not the right thing to do but he was a race medic. As soon as we turned him on his back he started losing color. Within 30 seconds he started turning blue. A woman to my right started saying we need to do CPR, and before I knew it she was pounding on his chest. I yelled at her and said stop. He has a pulse he's just not breathing because his tongue is closing up his throat. We need to turn him on his side. As soon as we did he started coughing and breathing. Color started coming back to his face. I started shouting "let him be, he is stable." He was now breathing and was no longer seizing. His friends were shouting out that he is on kidney medication and I asked if they were new meds and they said no. I knew that wasn't the reason for this. We observed him closely and before I knew it the paramedics were there. We got him in a neck brace, on a board and started giving him oxygen. I saw that he was coming too. I asked him who he was, where he was and did he remember what had happened. He knew who he was and where he was but couldn't remember what happened. The paramedics took Gavin away. His friend came up to me and thanked me profusely. That was the start to Pride weekend. After that we went home got dressed up and spent the rest of the day going back and forth between the Castro and Dolores park. Sunday we went surfing in the morning and then went to a big Law firm Gay Pride Brunch. We then got ready and spent the rest of the day at the civic center and ended our afternoon in a private party in city hall. We had a Gay "Ol" Time.

Karma just got her cyst removed yesterday and is doing really well. I have my MRI scheduled for tomorrow. Sorry I haven't written in a while. I tried to fill you in as best as possible.
meghan
06-27-2006, 06:24 PM #1

The last few weekends have been a blast. Sally and I have been spending some quality time together and with our friends. We have been surfing and running in the mornings and engaging in other activities in the afternoon. Two Saturday's ago we were invited to go to Crista and Jill's pool party in San Rafael. They were house and pet sitting for some friends of theirs and they invited a few close friends to enjoy the warmth and beauty of their friends home. WOW. It was an amazing house and down stairs there was a big pool and beautiful pool house. There was great food and good times. Thanks Crista and Jill. I hope to get some new pix up on the website soon. This past weekend was Gay Pride 2006 in San Francisco. We had a blast. Once again we started Saturday morning running. Sarah and I ran in the 5K and Sally and Terra ran in the 10K. I could have run the 10K but something was telling me I shouldn't, and that reason became very clear when Sally past the finish line. I heard Sally screaming my name. I turned around and saw a man face down on the ground. I rushed over to see what had happened. The man was in his thirties and he appeared to be seizing. This was not a grand mal seizure but a mild one. His arms started to contract and his back arched a little and his eyes were fluttering. I started barking out orders. I am certified in emergency care services so instinctively I started going down the list of things to do. First I made sure we were in a safe environment, second I asked someone to call 911. Then I did a sternum rub and asked if the man was ok. He was seizing so I instructed the some people to turn him on his side. This is always the best breathing position to be in. A on the site medic came and instructed we turn him on his back and put jackets under his neck. I knew this was not the right thing to do but he was a race medic. As soon as we turned him on his back he started losing color. Within 30 seconds he started turning blue. A woman to my right started saying we need to do CPR, and before I knew it she was pounding on his chest. I yelled at her and said stop. He has a pulse he's just not breathing because his tongue is closing up his throat. We need to turn him on his side. As soon as we did he started coughing and breathing. Color started coming back to his face. I started shouting "let him be, he is stable." He was now breathing and was no longer seizing. His friends were shouting out that he is on kidney medication and I asked if they were new meds and they said no. I knew that wasn't the reason for this. We observed him closely and before I knew it the paramedics were there. We got him in a neck brace, on a board and started giving him oxygen. I saw that he was coming too. I asked him who he was, where he was and did he remember what had happened. He knew who he was and where he was but couldn't remember what happened. The paramedics took Gavin away. His friend came up to me and thanked me profusely. That was the start to Pride weekend. After that we went home got dressed up and spent the rest of the day going back and forth between the Castro and Dolores park. Sunday we went surfing in the morning and then went to a big Law firm Gay Pride Brunch. We then got ready and spent the rest of the day at the civic center and ended our afternoon in a private party in city hall. We had a Gay "Ol" Time.

Karma just got her cyst removed yesterday and is doing really well. I have my MRI scheduled for tomorrow. Sorry I haven't written in a while. I tried to fill you in as best as possible.

Kamamiply
Unregistered

08-06-2019, 10:16 PM
Anybody fancy a bimble somewhere over the next few weekends? I'm busy Feb the 3rd, but nothing planned around then. Don't mind what or where, within reason. Stoney, capernwray, NDAC?

Not dived since before Christmas, so I'm feeling the need for some submersion therapy.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Kamamiply
08-06-2019, 10:16 PM #2

Anybody fancy a bimble somewhere over the next few weekends? I'm busy Feb the 3rd, but nothing planned around then. Don't mind what or where, within reason. Stoney, capernwray, NDAC?

Not dived since before Christmas, so I'm feeling the need for some submersion therapy.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Gregoryhah
Unregistered

12-05-2019, 06:29 PM
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
Gregoryhah
12-05-2019, 06:29 PM #4

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт

Gregoryhah
Unregistered

04-05-2020, 06:20 PM
audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru
Gregoryhah
04-05-2020, 06:20 PM #5

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru