Messages Meghan McKenna's Message Board Meghan's Journal Gamma Knife

Gamma Knife

Gamma Knife

meghan
Unregistered

06-14-2006, 07:19 PM
Round Two. DING DING. I'd have to say the procedure was a lot easier this time around, especially since I've done it before. My mom flew in the night before the procedure, which was nice. We picked up some Thai food, thanks John for buying, and headed home to eat dinner and watch movies. We rested up for the unexpected day to come. We arrived at the hospital at 5:45am. Lucky for me the staff was all the same as last time so I knew everyone by first name. They started me off on an IV and then had the main Doctor come in and screw the Halo into my skull. Its basically a ring placed around my head with four main stems. Two stems in the front and two in the back. Prior to the fitting they gave me a local anesthesia in the four locations. Once that's working they go ahead and hand screw the bolds into my skull. I couldn't feel any sharp pain (that was felt when the local was injected into my head) but it felt as though someone was crushing my head. The pressure was intense and I could feel it in my teeth. I takes a while to get use to and its extremely hard to lie down since the ring around my head pulls on the screws but we found a way to get the pillows around the halo. Next was the MRI. Another two devises get locked onto the halo and I get locked into the MRI machine. This particular MRI was going to take longer since the doctors wanted to do a profusion test. The reason for this test was because the doctors were unsure if the Cerebellum lesion had gotten bigger. According to the last PET scan in November it showed positive signs of cancer so the doctors wanted to make sure it was something they wanted to radiate. I tried my best to rest and meditate in the MRI but it can sometimes be difficult since the machine is so loud. Not only is it loud but it was especially loud because the vibrations of the sound and movement of the machine were traveling through the halo and into my skull. After the MRI sally brought in baked goods from my favorite organic bakery. Last time I didn't eat anything until after the procedure. This time I asked why I couldn't eat and the response was "we do it for selfish reasons, we don't want anyone throwing up in the machines etc.". Well I knew I wouldn't get sick, so I asked sally to sneak me in some food. The results form the MRI came back great. The cerebellum lesion was now smaller than its ever been and all they needed to radiate was the frontal lobe lesion which unfortunately increased from .7cm to 1.3cm in about four weeks time. We waited for the doctors and physicist to go over the calculations and program them into the gamma knife machine. This time the machine did all the work. There were no helmet changes or doctors with their screw drivers all around me calling out measurement. The actual procedure took about 30 minutes, compared to the last one, which took 2 hours. Now it was time to get the halo taken off. There was actually more pressure taking it off than putting it one. They stopped the bleeding at all of the sites and then put band-aides on. I came back out and my mom was surprised at how quickly I was done. Then Sally walked into the room with a big blanket and inside that blanket was Terra. You have no idea how happy I was. Tears are coming to my eyes right now just thinking about it. She started whining at a high pitch, so excited to see me, she knew exactly what was going on. She started licking my face and rubbing her head into the crevasse of my neck. There is nothing like animal love and companionship. I attribute a lot of my healing to her. The nurse who allowed her in came in and started awing over her. There was a young fellow next to me in the room getting the same thing done. I sat Terra on the bed and had her do all her tricks for everyone. This brought smiles to everyone's face. We all went home and I rested. I could get comfortable because my head hurt and the screw sites were soar. Finally I fell asleep. I woke up a few hours later still feeling the same. I feel asleep again and woke up around 6pm. When I awoke I noticed I had no headache or pain at the sites. It was really weird. I felt great. About 15 minutes after I awoke Marie Wheale called to tell me she had just done distance work on me and asked how I was feeling. And of course I told her. That woman kicks ass. Her work lasted for the night. The next morning my sites were a little soar but nothing to complain about. Thanks sally, marie, and mom for being there. Thanks to all of you who were sending good thoughts and energy. It really is felt and appreciated.
meghan
06-14-2006, 07:19 PM #1

Round Two. DING DING. I'd have to say the procedure was a lot easier this time around, especially since I've done it before. My mom flew in the night before the procedure, which was nice. We picked up some Thai food, thanks John for buying, and headed home to eat dinner and watch movies. We rested up for the unexpected day to come. We arrived at the hospital at 5:45am. Lucky for me the staff was all the same as last time so I knew everyone by first name. They started me off on an IV and then had the main Doctor come in and screw the Halo into my skull. Its basically a ring placed around my head with four main stems. Two stems in the front and two in the back. Prior to the fitting they gave me a local anesthesia in the four locations. Once that's working they go ahead and hand screw the bolds into my skull. I couldn't feel any sharp pain (that was felt when the local was injected into my head) but it felt as though someone was crushing my head. The pressure was intense and I could feel it in my teeth. I takes a while to get use to and its extremely hard to lie down since the ring around my head pulls on the screws but we found a way to get the pillows around the halo. Next was the MRI. Another two devises get locked onto the halo and I get locked into the MRI machine. This particular MRI was going to take longer since the doctors wanted to do a profusion test. The reason for this test was because the doctors were unsure if the Cerebellum lesion had gotten bigger. According to the last PET scan in November it showed positive signs of cancer so the doctors wanted to make sure it was something they wanted to radiate. I tried my best to rest and meditate in the MRI but it can sometimes be difficult since the machine is so loud. Not only is it loud but it was especially loud because the vibrations of the sound and movement of the machine were traveling through the halo and into my skull. After the MRI sally brought in baked goods from my favorite organic bakery. Last time I didn't eat anything until after the procedure. This time I asked why I couldn't eat and the response was "we do it for selfish reasons, we don't want anyone throwing up in the machines etc.". Well I knew I wouldn't get sick, so I asked sally to sneak me in some food. The results form the MRI came back great. The cerebellum lesion was now smaller than its ever been and all they needed to radiate was the frontal lobe lesion which unfortunately increased from .7cm to 1.3cm in about four weeks time. We waited for the doctors and physicist to go over the calculations and program them into the gamma knife machine. This time the machine did all the work. There were no helmet changes or doctors with their screw drivers all around me calling out measurement. The actual procedure took about 30 minutes, compared to the last one, which took 2 hours. Now it was time to get the halo taken off. There was actually more pressure taking it off than putting it one. They stopped the bleeding at all of the sites and then put band-aides on. I came back out and my mom was surprised at how quickly I was done. Then Sally walked into the room with a big blanket and inside that blanket was Terra. You have no idea how happy I was. Tears are coming to my eyes right now just thinking about it. She started whining at a high pitch, so excited to see me, she knew exactly what was going on. She started licking my face and rubbing her head into the crevasse of my neck. There is nothing like animal love and companionship. I attribute a lot of my healing to her. The nurse who allowed her in came in and started awing over her. There was a young fellow next to me in the room getting the same thing done. I sat Terra on the bed and had her do all her tricks for everyone. This brought smiles to everyone's face. We all went home and I rested. I could get comfortable because my head hurt and the screw sites were soar. Finally I fell asleep. I woke up a few hours later still feeling the same. I feel asleep again and woke up around 6pm. When I awoke I noticed I had no headache or pain at the sites. It was really weird. I felt great. About 15 minutes after I awoke Marie Wheale called to tell me she had just done distance work on me and asked how I was feeling. And of course I told her. That woman kicks ass. Her work lasted for the night. The next morning my sites were a little soar but nothing to complain about. Thanks sally, marie, and mom for being there. Thanks to all of you who were sending good thoughts and energy. It really is felt and appreciated.

Gregoryhah
Unregistered

12-05-2019, 06:24 PM
audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru
Gregoryhah
12-05-2019, 06:24 PM #3

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

Gregoryhah
Unregistered

04-05-2020, 05:25 PM
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
Gregoryhah
04-05-2020, 05:25 PM #4

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо